Dinner in the Sounds
Dinner in the Sounds
End your day with a special dinner outing to Lochmara.
Duration: Maximum up to 5 hours (approx.), or less can be arranged.
Numbers: Minimum of four adults per group for this package.
Relax with a late afternoon cruise to Lochmara from Picton giving you time to explore, or sit and enjoy the vista that is Lochmara Bay over a drink before your evening meal. Our restaurant has fabulous views, and our chef uses the freshest local ingredients to create superb menus giving you a real taste of Marlborough.
The Lochmara water taxi departure times are:
- Picton To Lochmara: 3.15pm or later by arrangement\
- Lochmara to Picton: Departure time is by arrangement and times are season dependant
Please note other times may be available subject to availability and will show when clicking ‘book now’.
Pricing | Adults $95pp | Children (5-15yrs) $45pp
Please note under 5s are not eligible for this package price.
Click ‘book now’ to secure your booking and any add-on activities you wish to book.
- Boat Cruise to Lochmara on the Lochmara water taxi
- Possible marine mammal and sea bird viewing en route to Lochmara
- Free use of the kayaks and stand-up paddle boards
- Safe swimming beach with children’s play equipment
- See the native Kākariki Parakeets, Kunekune pigs, and eels being fed
- Book the Underwater observatory tour for a hands-on experience at the seaside touch tank, guided access to the underwater observatory, and a potential stingray encounter subject to whether the wild stingray wish to see you or not!
- Explore Lochmara's 11 acres of native bush trails, sculptures, conservation projects, and wildlife
- Licensed Cafe/Restaurant providing a range of food, dietary requirements, and a children's menu
- Please note we are not a picnic venue
- Art gallery within the Café and Lochmara Reception
- Queen Charlotte Track (QCT) panoramic lookout hike being 3.5 hours return. A QCT pass is required at $12.00 per adult from our office, or walk on our own tracks at no extra cost
Add On Activity
When clicking ‘book now’ you can add on the following activity options:
Due to the timing of your day trip add on activities may no be available.
Please chat with one of our friendly office staff if you wish to try and add an activity on.
We are open from September through to June each year. Peak season is December to April (including Easter), and our premium season is 20 December to 31 January. All prices shown are valid through to 8 June 2023 and are shown in New Zealand dollars. All prices include 15% GST and prices are subject to change. You can view our Cancellation Policy here.