Family Day Out
Family Day Out
Something for everyone! You can do as much or as little as you like.
Duration: Approximately up to 7 hours, or less if you wish.
Take advantage of our family rate and enjoy a boat cruise to Lochmara Lodge taking in the surrounding Queen Charlotte Sounds on your way. Once here, explore Lochmara's 11 acres of native bush trails, sculptures, conservation projects, and wildlife.
The Lochmara water taxi departure times are:
- Picton To Lochmara: 9.00am, 12.15pm, or 3.15pm
- Lochmara to Picton: 11.00am, 2.45pm, or 4.00pm (off peak season), 5.00pm (peak season 1 Dec to 31 March)
Please note other times may be available subject to availability and will show when clicking 'book now'.
Pricing | Adults $70 pp | Children $35 pp (5-15years)
Under 5yrs travel free
Click ‘book now’ to secure your booking and any add-on activities you wish to book.
- Boat Cruise to Lochmara on the Lochmara water taxi
- Possible marine mammal and sea bird viewing en route to Lochmara
- Free use of the kayaks and stand-up paddle boards
- Safe swimming beach with children’s play equipment
- See the native Kākariki Parakeets, Kunekune pigs, and eels being fed
- Book the Underwater observatory tour for a hands-on experience at the seaside touch tank, guided access to the underwater observatory, and a potential stingray encounter subject to whether the wild stingray wish to see you or not!
- Explore Lochmara's 11 acres of native bush trails, sculptures, conservation projects, and wildlife
- Licensed Cafe/Restaurant providing a range of food, dietary requirements, and a children's menu
- Please note we are not a picnic venue
- Art gallery within the Café and Lochmara Reception
- Queen Charlotte Track (QCT) panoramic lookout hike being 3.5 hours return. A QCT pass is required at $15.00 per adult from our office, or walk on our own tracks at no extra cost
Add On Activity
When clicking ‘book now’ you can add on the following activity options:
Queen Charlotte Track: You can also choose to enjoy the Queen Charlotte Track (QCT) panoramic lookout hike. It is 3 hours return from Lochmara. A QCT pass is required at $15.00pp from our office.
Underwater Observatory: Join our guided tours of approx. 45 minutes aboard the stationary Underwater Observatory where you will be well informed and entertained by our passionate fully qualified guides. The tour includes a hands-on experience at the seaside touch tank, guided access to the underwater observatory, and a potential stingray encounter subject to whether the wild stingray wish to see you or not! Bookings are subject to availability. Find our more HERE.
We are open from September through to June each year. Peak season is December to April (including Easter), and our premium season is 20 December to 31 January. All prices shown are valid through to 7 June 2023 and are shown in New Zealand dollars. All prices include 15% GST and prices are subject to change. You can view our Cancellation Policy here.