Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalise, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Lochmara Lodge follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Lochmara Lodge uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users' experience by customising our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read "What Are Cookies".
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Privacy Act 2020
In accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ):
- We only collect personal information where this is necessary to carry out our functions.
- We may collect personal information about you either directly from you or from other people or agencies, such as our advertising partners.
- We store all our data (including your personal information) on a secure Microsoft Azure cloud platform. We take reasonable steps to protect our data.
- You can ask us for a copy of your personal information at any time. We will consider and respond in accordance with our Privacy Act obligations.
- We will only use and share personal information where necessary to carry out the functions for which we collected it, or if required by law.
- If you cannot find the information you need, or you have concerns about the way we are managing your personal information, then please contact us at any time.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Lochmara Lodge does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.